What is HP JumpStart Program and Why do we use it?
HP Jumpstart is a pre-installed software application offered on various HP products. The primary task of the program is to make HP users aware of the functioning of a new HP device they buy. However, only some users know about this program and ask various questions regarding its working.
When you buy a new device, for example – a computer or laptop, you must have noticed this Jumpstart program welcoming you on the screen. The program helps new HP users get started with their new devices effortlessly.
Moreover, the application comes with various other free programs that aim to enhance user experience.
To know what this program brings you after purchasing a new device, explore the facts provided in this blog.
What does HP JumpStart Bridge mean?
HP Jumpstart Bridge is a popular software program with various hardware devices provided by HP. It is a safe-to-use tool that helps users operate their PC or hardware smoothly.
Apart from this, the program also guides users in completing the product registration for new HP hardware.
Most importantly, it also provides users quick access to HP customer support to fix problems they face while using the device.
In addition, many HP users need to be fully aware of the program and consider whether it is safe to use.
If you are considering the same question, let me give you the straightforward answer: it is secure to use and helps users efficiently use the device.
Through this program, one can also get the latest updates regarding products and services provided by HP.
Importance of HP JumpStart
Below you can look at the program’s basic features so that you don’t have any doubts regarding its functioning.
- It provides users with free services such as Dropbox, McAfee, etc. Dropbox provides cloud storage, and McAfee protects your system from malware attacks or software.
- It allows users to get the latest details about the products and services.
- The program also guides users through the product registration process for a new HP device.
- Users can have extra control to customize the device as per their requirements.
- Tips and suggestions are offered to guide users to install programs and personalize computers.
How we can Launch HP JumpStart Program?
To launch HP Jumpstart, see the simple steps that are given below:-
- To use the Jumpstart program, access the “Start Menu” on your HP device.
- Now, find and click on “HP Jumpstart.”
- After that, you will be asked to choose either the “Register” or “Skip” option. Select “Register” if you want to proceed further.
- Complete the “Dropbox” and the “Mac free” registration process.
- Users can also choose other apps in the APP window.
- Click the “Download” button and then “Done.”
- View the “App Install Status” and click “Get More Apps” based on requirements.
Disabling HP JumpStart
When you realize that you no longer need this program, you can delete it using the given process.
- Press the “Windows” key along with “X.”
- Next, choose “Run” from the WinX menu.
- Enter “msconfig”in the run box and hit enter.
- After that, go to the “Service” tab.
- Click on “Hide All Microsoft Services.”
- Uncheck the “HP JumpStart Launch” option.
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to save changes.
- After this, you can restart your HP device.
Moreover, you can delete the apps and the Jumpstart program you don’t require anymore. Hence, check the steps to do so.
- Go to the“Control Pane” on your PC.
- Then, click “Uninstall a program.”
- Now, find the “HP JumpStart Bridge” and click to select it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the task is complete, restart your HP device.
Feel free to contact HP Printer support if you want to know more about the tool and have doubts to clear. Besides this, you can see the introduction of the HP Jumpstart program along with the process of using and disabling it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, by using the Add/Remove program feature you can delete HP JumpStart from your PC.
HP apps like HP JumpStart Bridge, HP Sure Connect, HP Audio Switch, etc, can be uninstalled.
It is a software application that has already been installed on HP laptops, PCs, and more HP devices. This app helps those students who are using an HP device. Mainly, the HP JumpStart launch is used to install apps and personalize your system.
On several HP products, the HP JumpStart bridge is one of the preloaded programs that is used for McAfee registration, HP registration, and the HP JumpStart Concierge screen. These apps provide various tips that help you to personalize your system and install various apps.
From your computer or device, you can easily delete the HP JumpStart launch. This can simply be done by using Add/Remove program feature that comes in Window’s Control Panel.