Learn How to Reset HP Printer To Fix Printer Issues
At times, it becomes essential to reset the printer HP printer to reach its default settings so that printer errors could be solved with ease. But because HP printers come with lots of innovative features and functionalities, it is a little bit confusing and difficult for many users to reset the printer. So, here in this blog, you’ll learn how to reset HP printer in a detailed manner.
There are many ways one can use to reset the HP printer to the default settings such as – the reset button, software, etc. In addition, if your printer has a minor issue then, this can be fixed with firmware updating. But if you are unable to figure out what is wrong with your printer, your printer might need a hard or factory reset.
Check the Resetting Methods Below!
1. Software Resetting
In this step, we will reset the HP printer using software reset. So, check the steps given below to initiate a software reset. For this, open the printer software and you need to apply some settings. After which, the HP printer will be reset to its previous resetting
For software resetting, find the reset button and follow the steps below.
- Begin by opening the printer software.
- Next, go to the “General” tab and choose “Reset Factory Setting”.
- Thereafter, “Reset Firmware”.
- Then, click “Reset”
- Now, click “Yes” as confirmation to reset the printer.
- After this, the HP printer will be reset to the default settings.
Hopefully, you have understood this process well and it has helped you to change the settings of your printer.
Moreover, you can check the hard reset process below if the software reset hasn’t resolved your issue.
2. HP Printer Hard Reset
If you want to know how to reset the HP printer to factory settings, follow the given steps. This process will change the current printer settings completely and the printer will have the previous settings with which you first buy the printer. Moreover, this will also help you change your printer’s ink level.
HP Printer Hard Reset Steps:-
- First of all, open the HP printer’s cover.
- Thereafter, find the reset button.
- Then, press and hold the reset button for around 5 seconds.
- After holding the “Reset” button for a few seconds.
- Click “Yes” to give your confirmation for the hard resetting of the printer.
- Eventually, the printer will be changed to its factory settings.
Moreover, pressing and holding the “Power” button for a few seconds will also be helping in initiating the hard reset.
3. Network Resetting of HP Printer
With the Network resetting of the HP printer, the connectivity issues of the printer will be fixed. Apart from this, printing and quality issues will also be resolved. Therefore, follow these ways carefully.
For Network Resetting, there are 3 ways:-
Way 1 – Turn Off The printer and disconnect all its power chords and then, wait for a few seconds. Further, waiting for a while, connect all those cables back to the printer. Now, power on your printing device.
Way 2 – Here, press and hold both the “Wireless” and “Cancel” together simultaneously. After a few seconds, you’ll be able to hear a beep sound. Later, HP printer network factory settings will be restored.
Way 3 – In this resetting, you will need this LCD control panel.
- First, go to “Menu”.
- Second, use the arrow keys to find the “Network Setting Menu”.
- After that, press the “Ok” option.
- Now, press “Reset Network Settings”.
- Then, hit “Ok” and then, the “Yes” options.
- Finally, HP printer network resetting will be done.
4. How to Reset HP Printer Password
There are many methods to reset the HP printer password.
Method 1. HP Printer Password Resetting
- At first, press & hold the “Wi-Fi” and “Cancel” options together simultaneously.
- Next, to move further in the password resetting process, download and install “HP Smart App”.
- Furthermore, open the Smartphone and select “Printer Setup”.
- Now, go to “Advanced Settings”.
- Subsequently, “Settings & Security”.
- Next, go to “Password Setting”.
- Ultimately, create a new password for your HP printer.
Method 2. Password Reset without App
- Firstly, go to your HP printer.
- Secondly, choose “Settings”.
- Again, choose “Set Up”.
- Choose “Reset Password”.
Method 3. HP Printer Password on PC
- Turn on your PC and access the “Control Panel”.
- Now, click the “Device & Printer” section.
- Then, the Wi-Fi HP option will display.
- So, right-click on this option and choose “Properties”.
- After this, click “Password Reset”.
- Here, provide your password & save changes.
Printer Reset May Fix Given Errors
- HP printer isn’t printing anything on paper.
- The printer has a jam issue.
- Print quality isn’t up to the mark.
- Invalid networking setting of the printer
- Printer offline issue
- The device is in offline mode
- The printer is unable to print from the device.
- HP printer is in sleep mode.
So, these are easy-to-follow ways with which one can get back to the previous settings of your HP printer. Also, get with HP printer support if you still have any queries.