Easily Find the HP Printer Default Password and Username
HP printers are one of the most efficient and reliable printing devices. However, before using them, you need to configure them correctly. It is exactly here that users need their HP printer default password and username.
Your printer will prompt you to input these default credentials when you establish a connection. First-time purchasers of HP printing devices often wonder where they can find the password and username.
Besides establishing a connection, you will also require these credentials to log in to the HP Smart app. So, knowing them is important for every printer user.
This article will explain the default password and username of your HP printer. You will also learn different ways to find them.
What Does HP Printer Default Password Mean?
The default password of your HP printer is required when you factory reset your device. also, when you are changing anything in your printer, you will need the default username and password.
The default or root password for every HP-provided Build Plan is ChangeMe 123! Having said that, once you find out what is the default HP printer password, it crucial to change it.
This is because if you don’t do so, it will facilitate unauthorized access to your printer.
How to Locate Your HP Printer Default Password
Finding the default username and password combination of your HP printer is not a difficult task. There are various methods you can use to discover it.
1. Test the usual username and password combinations
There are many username and password combinations offered by HP. So, the first method to determine the default password is using these combinations one by one.
You can input them all and find out the one that is suitable for your printing system. Here’s a list of the default username and password combinations.
- Blank, blank
- Admin, blank
- Admin, admin
- Admin, 4455
- Admin, HP00000
- Admin, 1111
- Admin/ (blank)
- Administrator/ admin123
2. Use the wireless setup wizard
You can also find the default printer password through the wireless setup wizard via the Control Panel. Here is the process to follow.
- Access the Control Panel. Use the Windows Start menu.
- Tap the ‘Network menu’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Wireless’ tab and access its ‘Settings.’
- Go to the Wireless Setup wizard and choose your wireless connection.
- Input the WPA, WPA2, or WEP password in the relevant field.
- Now you will see the default password and username in the new window.
3. Go through the manual
The manual of your HP printer contains all the information about it. You can gain a good knowledge of the device by reading it. If you are searching for the default password and username, go through the printer’s manual.
You can search the index page for the password. After that, go directly to the page. Here, you will find the default credentials for your printer.
4. Create a copy of the settings page
Printing out a page of printer settings will also help you locate the credentials. So, if you are still wondering what is the default HP printer password, make a copy of the settings.
- Hit the ‘Wi-Fi’ and information or ‘I’ button for 10 seconds.
- You will get a copy of the settings.
POINT TO NOTE: Do not consider the wireless username and password as the default HP printer password. If you cannot locate the password, it is best to use the printer’s manual.
5. Look for the sticker on your printer
You can look at any place on your printer to discover the default password. Try to find a sticker with the username, pin code, password, and secret ID.
How to Update the Default Password of the HP Printer?
Once you have the default password, use it to set up a new one. Here is the complete procedure to create another printer password.
- On your HP printer hit the ‘Home’ button.
- Using the arrow buttons on the home screen, tap ‘Setup.’
- Now, from the Setup menu, hit the ‘Network’ option.
- You will now view the ‘Restore Network Defaults’ option.
- Tap on this option when you see it.
- Go to the Windows ‘Start’ button and enlarge the existing options.
- From here, navigate to ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Locate the icon of your printer and double-tap it.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- From here, select the ‘Properties’ option and go to the ‘Password’ window.
- Head to the ‘Change’ option and input the existing default printer credentials.
- Now you can create a new password.
- Input a unique password for your printer.
- Finally, tap ‘Save new HP wireless printer default password.’
Resetting the HP Printer Default Password
Apart from changing the default printer password, you can also reset it. Use these steps for this purpose.
- Link your computer and printing device to a network.
- Ensure that your printer and system are well connected.
- Open a browser and input https://192.168.22Now, you will find an EWS page of your printer.
- Here, tap the symbol of HP Wireless Direct.
- After that, the ‘Settings’ option will show up.
- Here, tap to edit the settings.
- Go to the ‘Privacy Center.’
- Here you will find the option to reset the printer password.
- Input the default password and its username.
- For the username, you can type admin.
- For the password, type 01234.
- Press the ‘Next’ button.
- You will find various options.
- From among them, choose to edit the password.
- Enter a unique password.
- After that, click ‘Next.’
- Hit ‘OK’ to confirm it.
- Now, save your settings.
- Your printer password is reset.
What to Do if You Forgot Your HP Printer Password?
If you forget your password, just reset it.
- From the Control Panel of the printer, touch ‘Network Setup’ followed by ‘Restore Network Settings.’
- Confirm to restore the network defaults.
- After that, reboot your router, printer, and system.
- Now, from the Control Panel, open the dashboard.
- Touch ‘Wireless’ followed by ‘Settings.’
- Touch ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup.’
- Complete the setup using the on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, you can now easily find the default password for your HP printer. Use the different methods to locate it and configure a new one if you so desire. Contact professional HP printer support if you need more assistance with this process.