Fixing the HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue With 6 Tips
Being fed up is apparent when we have to print something crucial, and the “HP Printer not printing black” issue occurs out of nowhere. Undoubtedly, HP Printers are lauded for flawless and eye-catching printing quality. However, printing issues often disappoint users. If your HP printer is not printing black ink and you struggle to acquire your desired printing results, it is due to various justifiable reasons. Your printer may stop printing black ink because of outdated drivers, clogged printhead, stopped print spooler, low ink, etc.
Hence, you can go through our comprehensive troubleshooting guide that provides complete insights regarding “why the hp printer is not printing color.”
Causes of HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink
- HP Printer may run out of black ink
- A clogged printhead is not able to release black ink on paper.
- Corrupt drivers cause printing issues
- Duplicate ink cartridges prevent black ink
- Issues with Print Spooler Service
- The printer is not set as the default
How To Rectify HP Printer Not Printing Black
Check our below-mentioned techniques to fix your color issue with ease.
1 Check The Ink Cartridges Of The HP Printer
You must first check the printer ink cartridges to fix the “hp printer not printing color” error effortlessly. If your printer has dried, low, and empty ink cartridges, printing issues are sure to happen.
Therefore, it is essential to replace the cartridges to avoid difficulties while printing documents.
Ensure to replace the ink cartridges to prevent your HP printer from being damaged further.
Follow the step-by-step process below to check and fix the ink cartridges:-
- In the first step, you will have to remove ink cartridges from your HP printer carefully.
- Next, you will have to check the ink movement by shaking the cartridges of your printer well.
- If the ink movement is not shown, you must install new ink cartridges in your HP printer.
- You can buy a new ink cartridge and replace it with the old one.
2. Clean HP Printer Printhead
The printhead is a significant part of your printer that houses ink cartridges. So, replacing the ink cartridge may not be enough to resolve the “printer not printing color” issue. Apart from replacing ink cartridges, cleaning printhead is also essential.
Check the below-mentioned procedure for both automatic and manual cleaning of the printhead.
- Primarily, power on your printer.
- Now, go to the “Printer Maintenance” option.
- Then, keep following the instructions shown on the screen to finish the cleaning process of the printhead.
- Also, wait for 1-2 minutes to let the cleaning process be completed.
- Once the cleaning process is completed, you can check the printer and try printing something. It will resolve HP Printer not printing black issue.
Further, you can check other troubleshooting tips if this did not fix your color issue.
Manual Procedure To Clean The Printhead:-
- First of all, take a container and fill it with warm water.
- Then, you will have to dip the paper towel into the water.
- Now, remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- After that, you will have to place the printhead in a container of warm water.
- Furthermore, remove excess ink from the printhead using a slightly wet cloth.
- After cleaning the printhead, let it dry and install it into your printing device.
- Also, install ink cartridges once you install the printhead.
- Finally, you can conduct a print test on your printer.
3. Fix HP Printer Not Printing Ink Color With Drivers
When your printer stops printing black ink on paper, it could be because of corrupt or outdated HP printer drivers.
For that reason, you can download and install the latest drivers for your printer. Moreover, updating the driver to the latest version will fix several printing issues.
Check the steps to update printer drivers:-
- To begin with, launch the web browser on your PC.
- Further, visit the official site of HP printer.
- Next, go down on your screen and click on “Download Drivers”
- Choose your printer from the available list and provide the model number of your printer.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Then, there will display a list of all available updates.
- Choose them all and download the complete package.
- Now, go to the “Download Folder.” Right-click on the printer installer file and click “Run.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install drivers.
4. Enable Printer As “Default”
- First, open the “Run” box and type “Control Panel.”
- Second, click on the “Device and Printer” option.
- Third, right-click on your HP printer and choose “Set Printer As Default.”
- Later, the green tick will be shown, and your printer will work well.
This process should fix the color issue of your HP printer. However, check another problem-solving tip if you are still trying to get rid of that issue.
5. Align Printhead To Fix “Printer Won’t Print Black”
Alignment of the printhead is essential to attain all printing goals. Hence, check the steps below to align the printhead properly.
- First, restart your printer.
- After that, find and go to “Printer Maintenance or Tools.”
- Select the “Align printhead” option.
- It will rectify the printer and print the test page afterward.
- If your HP printer still says “not printing black ink,” get assistance from the experts.
6. Use the In-Built HP Printer Troubleshooting Tool
- In the beginning, go to the “Search Bar” and enter “Troubleshoot” and hit enter.
- Now, select “Printer” and click “Run Troubleshooter.”
- Then, this will take a while to detect and fix the problems.
- Choose “Printer Model” and click “Next.”
- Continue following the online screen instructions.
- At last, restart both your printer and the PC.
Our blog focuses on how to fix the “HP Printer not printing black ink.” We hope our guide has assisted you in resolving the color printing issues of your HP printer. In addition, you can reach HP Printer Support if the black color problem still occurs.