How To Connect My HP Printer To Wi-Fi? – [5 Methods]
Are you struggling with How to connect my HP printer to Wi-Fi? Then, here is the guide below that will answer your every query simply. You can easily learn to connect your printer to Wi-Fi so that you can accomplish your printing tasks at your convenience.
Check some simple methods given below that would help to establish your HP wireless Printer setup.
Method 1. HP Auto Wireless Connect
With the help of Auto Wireless Connect, you can connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi in easy simple ways. For this, you will not need any cable or wire to set up a wireless connection between the PC and the computer. In addition, you don’t have to provide the Wi-Fi’s name and password either.
It will require you to download the software for the HP printing device first. So, check the below-mentioned guidelines below to get started with the method.
- To begin with, go to HP Support Portal.
- After arriving at the HP page successfully, provide your HP printer model number.
- This will help you to download suitable drivers for your printing device.
- Simply, keep following on-screen instructions to install the drivers correctly on the device.
- Thereafter, power on your device and run the program.
- Now, you will be asked to choose between “Ethernet Or Wireless”. So, choose a wireless option and proceed further.
- Then, click “Yes”.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Finally, the wireless connection of the HP printer will be set up.
Method 2. Through HP Smart APP
This is another suitable method using which you can connect your HP printer to the Wi-Fi network. The HP smart app will easily let you send print commands to the printer with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Before you download and install the smart app, check the given facts below.
- Your HP printer and the computer system or PC should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then, turn on the HP printer and choose Wi-Fi setup mode.
- After this, provide the Wi-Fi network name and the password.
Now, you can download and install the app on your device or mobile phone. After this, you will be able to print documents from your phone.
Once you are done downloading & installing the app on the device, launch the application and follow the given steps.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Choose the “Setup A New Printer” option.
- After that, the app will look for the printer that is in Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Now, continue following the on-screen instructions.
- Then, enter the name and password of your Wi-Fi network.
Method 3. Wireless Setup Wizard
This method will be suitable if you have a printer with a graphics display. For this, you can go to your printer’s control panel where you will find this wireless setup wizard.
So, check the steps given below to get started with this method to set up a Wi-Fi connection to your HP printer.
- First, power on your HP printer.
- Next, it will require you to remove the USB cables from your printing device.
- Now, go to the “Control Panel” of your HP Printer.
- Press the wireless option and go to the Network menu.
- After this, select Wireless Settings and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Here, find your network and enter WEP or WPA key.
- Then, hit OK.
- Finally, a wireless connection between the printer and PC will be established. But if not, check the next method.
Method 4. WPS Push Button
If you are still looking for how do I connect my HP printer to Wi-Fi, you can use this WPS Push button method. In case your printer supports the WPS push button, then, with this method, you can connect the printer to Wi-Fi.
This entire process will take just a few minutes. So, follow the process given below.
- Initially, go to your HP printer.
- After that, push the WPS Push Button.
- Go to the HP printer’s control panel section if no WPS Push button is available.
- Then, start WPS Push Button mode.
- Further, go to the wireless menu and then, “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, choose the “WPS” button option.
- Eventually, you will be able to use your HP printer wirelessly.
Method 5. Connect Printer without Router
With the help of Wi-Fi Direct and HP wireless Direct, users can print their documents directly from their phones. For this, you need to connect the device to the printer’s Wi-Fi.
See the steps to connect the printer to Wi-Fi direct and HP wireless direct.
- Firstly, go to the printer control panel.
- Then after, enable HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Now, go to network or wireless settings.
- After that, choose “Wireless”.
- Connect your PC or phone to Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- For Wi-Fi direct, it will require you to provide a WPA2 password.
- Thereafter, go to any document that you want to print.
- Simply click “Print”.
- If this doesn’t work, install the latest HP printer plugin.
Surely, your query on how to connect my hp envy printer to Wi-Fi will be resolved now. However if not, contact HP printer support.
If the above methods haven’t set up HP printer wireless connection, contact HP Printer Support for more effective tips. One thing you also need to assure is that you have followed the above methods successfully.