Find WPS Pin On HP Printer to Setup Wireless Connection
WPS Pin is required when a user wants to wirelessly connect the HP printer to the computer. With WPS technology, one can quickly establish a secure wireless connection between devices. The pin is displayed on the printer’s screen when someone must connect it to a PC. Grab more facts regarding this printer technology below.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS pin hp printer is an 8-digit pin generated by the HP Printer to make a wireless connection with the PC.
Once this pin is entered successfully, a user can enjoy a reliable, fast, and secure connection between the Printer and PC.
It is also called a secret code that works with a wireless router. Moreover, the main object of this pin is to safeguard your device from unauthorized users. So make sure you do not forget to take advantage of this technology if you are an HP user.
How do I find WPS Pin on HP Printer?
Even though this technology is trendy, many users still do not know how and where to find the WPS pin on HP Printer. The WPS Pin is clearly available on the screen of most HP printers – laser, inkjet, envy, etc.
Apart from finding the pin on the printer screen, one can also print the pin from the printer itself. In your printer, there is a small screen where you can easily see the WPS 8-digit pin.
Also, It is a big task to find HP Printer’s secret code when you have a printer without a screen. Many HP Printers, such as Deskjet, don’t have a screen.
Let’s look at other ways to establish a wireless connection for screen and non-screen printers. If you cannot find the HP printer pin, look for 2 simple ways to do so below.
Methods of WPS Connection for HP Printer
Two ways to establish a WPS connection between the Printer and computer for screen and non-screen printers:-
1. For non-screen Printers – Connect WPS using Push Button
2. For screen enabled Printers – Connect using WPS Pin
Connect HP Printer Using WPS Button
- Switch on your Printer. But if it is already turned on, then reboot it.
- Find the wireless button or icon.
- Just press that button or icon. After which, you will see a blue light blinking.
- Go to the wireless Router.
- There will be available a WPS button at the back side of the Router.
- Press and hold that button for around 2-3 seconds.
- Then, the WPS light of the Router will start blinking.
- Now, you will have to wait for a few minutes to let both of these lights stop blinking.
- After following this, the HP printer will be connected to your PC.
Connect Screen-enabled HP Printer to PC
For a printer with a screen or control panel, follow the procedure to make a WPS connection between the PC & Printer.
- First, you will have to turn on the Printer, but if it’s already ON, then reboot your device.
- Access the Printer’s control panel or screen. Find and press the wireless button.
- Once the “Wireless” button is clicked, the Blue light will start blinking.
- There will display an option “Wi-Fi Protected Setup“ on the screen of the HP Printer.
- You need to go to the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and select “Push Button”.
- Find the WPS button at the back of your wireless Router.
- Press and Hold the WPS button for a minimum of 3-4 sec.
- WPS light will also blink on the Router.
- Make sure to wait for 2-3 mins to let both the light of the Printer and Router stop blinking.
- Now, there will display a “Connection Established” message on the screen of your Printer.
- In the end, the HP printer will be linked to the wireless network with WPS Button.
Connect HP Printer to PC using WPS Pin
You can use the WPS pin for the HP Printer to connect it to the PC.
- Power on your Printer.
- Switch on the Printer and go to the control panel of the Printer.
- Press the “wireless” icon available on the HP printer.
- The blue light will start blinking.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” screen of the Printer.
- Tap the “Wi-Fi protected” option and choose THE “WPS code” option.
- The pin will be generated on the HP printer.
- As Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) will be available for about 8-9 seconds, use the WPS Pin as soon as possible.
- If the pin fails to work, create a new HP Printer WPS pin by repeating the above steps.
- After the WPS Pin is made, enter that pin on your computing device.
- At last, the Printer will be connected to the PC.
Hope you have understood the above procedure and it has helped you quickly to generate a WPS Pin for your HP Printer.
Access our “contact us” page on our website to get HP Printer Support tips. Submit your query by entering all mandatory details. And after that, our team will be back to you with practical solutions.