HP Printer Problems Troubleshooting Guide
HP Printers are considered the most demanding devices in this era with which people can acquire printing output meeting their every requirement. Users need help getting their desired printing results even with various technical errors. Also, only some users feel confident about diagnosing printing errors independently. Keeping this fact in mind, we prepared an HP Printer Troubleshooting guide that helps users quickly detect and fix printer issues.
Before exploring our troubleshooting techniques, let’s look at the possible causes of printing errors.
Common Causes of HP Printer Problems
There are so many issues you may have to face while using your printing device, such as
- HP Printer is not printing color or black ink.
- The printer is unable to make a connection with the PC.
- Print Spooler Service needs to be in running mode.
- Paper jam issue because of incorrect installation of papers in the paper tray.
- HP Printer Offline error.
- Printer drivers not supporting the operating system
- No toner error because the cartridge is not installed correctly.
- The printer showing HP Printer in Error state.
In case we still need to mention any error you know, no need to be worried as our troubleshooting guide will assist you in fixing most printing issues of your HP printer.
HP Printer Problems Troubleshooting Methods
Check the steps to fix your printer issues –
1. Reboot Both HP Printer & PC
- Rebooting your PC and the HP printer is one of the common troubleshooting tips that comes to the mind of millions.
- If you are facing printing issues, it may be because your computer fails to recognize your HP printing device.
- To resolve the connection problem, restart your devices and then try again.
2. Updating Drivers Fix Incompatibility Between PC & Printer
Ensure to use the latest HP printer drivers so that the chances of printing errors become few. Download the latest drivers from the official site of the HP printer, depending need and model number of your printer.
Check the procedure below to update drivers:-
- First, open “Run.”
- Second, type the “devmgmt.msc” command and press “Enter.”
- After that, the “Device Manager” window will open.
- Double-click on the “Print Queues” option.
- Right-click on your available printer later and choose “Update Driver.”
- Now, wait until the downloading task is done.
3. Set HP Printer As “Default”
The computer system may have difficulty detecting the printing device if it is not set as default. Hence, you need to ensure your printer is chosen as default.
- To begin with, go to “Run.”
- After this, enter “Control Panel” in the text field and hit enter.
- Click on “Devices & Printers.”
- Right-click on the printer and choose “Set as default.”
- Furthermore, once you set the printer as default, it will show the green light.
4. Troubleshooting Print Spooler To Manage Print Jobs
It is essential to troubleshoot the print spooler timely so it can fix connectivity and print job issues.
The print job may be stuck in the queue when your printer is not printing anything even after giving the correct command. Consequently, fix or restart the print spooler service.
- First of all, go to the “Start” button.
- Then, enter “Administrative Tools” and click on “Services.”
- Moreover, find “Print Spooler” from the list and right-click on it to choose “Stop.”
- Now, access “My Computer” and double-click on “Local Disk C” to choose the “Windows” folder.
- After that, go to “System 32 > “spool”>” Printers.”
- Here, delete all print jobs available.
- Again, go to “Services,” and look for “print spooler,” & right-click on it to choose the “Start” option.
5. Check The Connection Between Your PC & Printer
If you can’t resolve your HP Printer Problems with the above tips, check the connection between the printer and the PC.
- In the first place, remove power cables from both your PC and the HP Printer.
- Now, wait a few seconds to plug in all the cables.
- Moreover, power on both the printer and the PC.
- Finally, you can conduct a print test.
6. Check Hardware Issues & Remove All Duplicate Parts
If you cannot Troubleshoot HP Printer, ensure to use the correct size & type of paper, good quality ink, etc. In addition, replace ink cartridges if they are overused.
To enjoy obstacle-free printing of HP Printer, always use the authentic parts. Duplicate parts may cause various printing errors that are hard to diagnose sometimes.
7. Check HP Printer Ghosting Error
Ghosting is a common printing problem that produces light output. It often occurs due to a faulty drum or fuser of your printer. So, check the tips below to deal with this ghosting error.
- Ensure you keep your printer dry so that humidity does not impact its efficiency.
- Cleaning the printer on daily basis safeguards it from dust or unwanted air particles.
- The temperature control unit of the fuser may have some issues, so change the temperature of the fuser. Also, if the temperature is not changed, you can replace the fuser with experts’ help.
- Reconfigure the paper setting according to the paper you use for printing goals. Resetting the paper setting will help fix the ghosting error.
- Get the drum unit repaired if it has some faults. The drum unit will prevent the toner from coming onto the paper.
Troubleshooting HP Printer On Mac
1. Check the internet connectivity of the printer
Your printer should have good internet connectivity, so check the internet connection. Besides this, you will have to update the drivers of your HP printer.
2. Check The Status Of Your Printer “Ready or Not.”
- First, power on your HP printer.
- Next, there should be good papers in the tray of the printer.
- Moreover, your printer has good-quality ink and cartridges.
- Lastly, restart the printer and try to print something to test.
3. Resetting HP Printer
- Go to “System Preferences.”
- After that, click on “Printer Scanners.”
- Subsequently, right-click on your printer and choose “Reset Print System.”
- Choose “Reset” and then “OK.”
This blog focuses on how to troubleshoot HP Printer for common problems. Here above, you can catch a glimpse of common HP printer errors. Moreover, get help from HP Printer Support if issues still need to be fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the Get Help app, you can start by running the printer offline troubleshooter. Once you do so, Get Help runs diagnostics automatically. And to solve most printer issues take the right steps:
1. Ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the WiFi networks
2. Next, unplug and reboot your printer again
3. Once you do so, set your printer as a default one
4. Next, delete all the print lists
5. After that, reset the services that control the printing list
6. Now, remove and reinstall your printer
7. Finally, restart your computer.
To reset the HP printer, here are step-by-step instructions:
First, turn off the printer, and from the power source unplug it
Before plugging it back, wait for at least 60 seconds
And then turn on the printer
Once you do so, wait for some time to complete its warm-up process and become idle
After that, for at least 15 seconds press and hold the power button. Doing so will reset the printer
Finally, free the power button and wait until the reset process is completed
After following the above steps, if you still have any problems then contact HP support for assistance.
To solve a problem, go through the steps that help you to reset your HP printer on Mac:
On Mac, select the Apple menu
Next, choose the System Settings option
And then in the sidebar, tap the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option
In the printer list, hit on the “Control-click the printer option
After that, choose Reset Printing System
Once you do so, in Printers & Scanners settings, the list of the printer is empty
At last, Re-add any printers that you want.
Follow the troubleshooting actions to troubleshoot the HP printer:
1. First, in the list, clear the print job stuck, resume any paused print jobs, or resolve other errors
2. After that, check whether the printer is offline if have then reconnect it
3. Next, fix print spoolers problems
4. Now find the option why the printer is not available on the network
5. Just after that, see and install any driver updates (if available)
6. At last, connect the printer.
Printers have a reset button. Usually, it appears on the top-right-hand side of your printer.