How To Clean Print Heads On HP Printer In Simple Ways?
Go through our straightforward guide below to learn how to clean the printhead on an HP printer. Here, you are going to learn how to kickstart the automatic and manual cleaning process of the printhead. Let’s first see the basic introduction of Printhead.
If you are wondering what is a printhead? The printhead is an essential component of a printer that is responsible to house ink cartridges and helps in releasing ink onto paper.
With regular use of the printer, the printhead gets accumulated with wet waste ink material as a result, users have to face missing or faded printing problems. Therefore, it becomes important to clean the printhead sometimes.
How To Clean PrintHead On HP Printer?
A clogged printhead can lead to various HP printhead errors. Therefore, it becomes mandatory to clean it when it is not giving desired printing output.
Check some simple methods to clean printhead properly.
1. Clean Printhead Using Drivers
This is an automatic way to clean printhead with ease. Apart from this, you may also require to clean the printhead manually.
Before checking the manual cleaning procedure, let’s first understand how the printhead is cleaned automatically.
- First, go to the “Start” button on your PC and click on “Control Panel”.
- Next, click on the “Printer & Faxes” option.
- Here, click on the “Printer icon” and then, go to “Properties” & choose “Preferences”.
- Now, click the “Service” tab and then, “Printer Services”.
- After that, you will see the “Clean Printhead” option. Click on it.
- Finally, your HP printer will start the automatic cleaning process of the printhead. So, be patient until it is finished.
2. Use Printhead Cleaning Software
Here, with a few simple steps mentioned below, you will easily clean your HP printer. So, follow them all carefully.
- First of all, install A4 sheet paper in the printer tray.
- Now, press & hold the “Power” button on your HP printer.
- Then, press the “Cancel” button almost 2 times.
- Press the “Resume” button.
- Finally, you can release the “Power” button and let the tool carry out the cleaning task.
3. Manual Cleaning Printhead Built Into Printer
- Initially, take and fold a clean dry paper towel and put it in any plastic container.
- Now, fill the container with hot water so that the paper towel is dipped completely.
- Next, open the printer door and remove all ink cartridges.
- Make sure to place the ink cartridges in a clean dry area as long as the printhead cleaning process is going on.
- After that, slightly lift the gray latch so that the printhead can be released easily & carefully.
- Here, try to pull the printhead from side to side so that it can be removed from the printer.
- Take a new clean cloth and dip it in the container of hot water.
- Later, use the same cloth to wipe all the dust and dust from printhead nozzles.
- Put the printhead in the container along with the paper towel and make sure the nozzles are facing down.
- Thereafter, let the printhead be placed in the container for about 9-10 minutes.
- Now, take the printhead out of the container and put it on a clean & dry paper towel. Make sure printhead nozzles are facing up.
- Also, let the printhead dry completely.
- After this, install the printhead & cartridges back into the printer. Then, close the door.
4. Manual Cleaning Printhead Built Into Cartridge
If you want to learn how to clean the HP printhead built into the cartridge, check & carefully follow the manual process below.
- First, take a neat & cloth and make sure it is slightly wet with warm water.
- Now, blot the cartridge and ensure the printhead is facing down on the paper. This way all dried ink or waste material will be removed.
- Next, hold the ink cartridge with the printhead facing down against dry paper for a few minutes. The paper towel will absorb all the ink. Don’t wipe the printhead to avoid damage.
- Ultimately, you can re-insert the cartridge into the printer.
Once the cleaning process is done, you can take a print test, and hopefully, HP printhead problems will be resolved.
With the simple procedure mentioned above, you initiate and finish the cleaning of your HP printer printhead easily. Here, you can see the steps for the manual and automatic cleaning process. In addition, You can also contact HP Printer Support if you have any queries regarding the same.
- How to Get HP Printer Out From Error State Issue
- Fix HP Printer Offline Error with 6 Methods
- HP Printer Problems Troubleshooting Guide
- How to Resolve “HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable”?
- HP Printer Paused Error – Simple Steps to Fix
- Resolve the “HP Printer Paper Jam” Problem in 7 Easy Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
By following step by step guide, you can clean the printhead of your HP printer:
1. On PC, open the HP printer software
2. Now, choose your printer model and hit on the ” Maintain Your Printer” or ” Printer Toolbox” option.
3. Next tap on Device Services” the ” or “Tools” tab, and then click on the “Clean Ink Cartridges” option, or “Clean Printhead” option.
4. To begin the cleaning process, follow the on-screen instructions
5. Once done, the printer will print a test page to make sure that the printhead has been cleaned successfully
By following the above steps if the printhead is not clean then repeat the process two or three times. Remember that too much cleaning can use a lot of ink so if required then only clean the printhead.
Follow the below-mentioned prompts to manually clean your HP Deskjet printer head:
1. First, close the printer and unplug it from the power cord
2. Next, to access the ink cartridges open the printer cover
3. Now, from the printhead, remove the ink cartridges
4. After that, take a lint-free cloth and wet it with distilled water
5. With a damp cloth, wipe the printhead. Note that, do not touch the Nozzles
6. Now, into the printhead replace the ink cartridges back
7. Once done, close the printer cover and plug the printer back into the power source
8. Lastly, turn on the printer and do tests print to make sure that the printhead is clean.